Maine Harvest Festival Is A Foodie Paradise
Maine Foodies Take Notice The Maine Harvest Festival is coming to the Cross Insurance Center.
Their site says that everything is down home Maine raised and grown. How cool is that. The event runs 10-4 both Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $8 Veterans with ID $5 kids under 21 free. The list of items featured is nothing less than impressive.
Here is just a partial list.
- Cups of coffee, organic coffee beans, coffee brewing equipment & more
- Baked goods
- Natural nut butters & jam
- BBQ Sauce
- Hot mulled cider, apple cider syrup, dried fruit snacks, apple cider granola, mulling spice kits, hard cider kits
- Fresh & aged farmstead goat cheese, artisan cow cheese
- Bloody Mary mixes & condiments
- Apples, fresh pressed apple cider, home-baked goods made from our own fruit, jams & jellies
- Badaduce Farm: soaps, criminal caramels, quail and duck eggs
- White’s Farm: pork products, salami, hot dogs, bologna, pork pies, wooden bowls, wooden cutting boards
- Farmstead organic dairy – cheese and yogurts from goat and cow milk; prepared foods
- Chocolate confections
- Maple, jams, jellies, hot sauces & more
- Small batched slow churned butter in traditional unsalted and salted butters, and numerous flavored butters
- 100% raw honey
- Hand made air popped gourmet popcorn in over 30 flavors
- Farmstead goat milk caramels
- Maine-made chocolate truffles, caramels & other chocolate delights
- Pre-packaged spring rolls, chicken-on-a-stick, salad rolls, gourmet veggie salads, and entrees
- Products with Lobster – Gourmet Maine lobster crackers, lobster treats for Salty Dogs, original & gluten free
- Lacto fermented vegetables – about 24 varieties
- Culinary blends, gourmet salts, chilies, herbs & spices
- Clam cakes & crab cakes
- Herbal seasonings, teas, holiday beverages, lavender products, catnip teas, seasonal gift sets
- Variety of wild blueberry BBQ sauces
- Greek olive oils, olives, & wild herbs & teas
- Fresh Maine Cranberries
- Pork sausage & bacon, maple candy, maple popcorn, maple garlic blend, maple granola & maple sugar
- Organically certified seaweeds carefully harvested from the North Atlantic
- 115 varieties of organically grown garlic
- Maine Sea Salt
- Maine potatoes
- Organic energy bars covered in dark chocolate, various nuts, spices, fruit & more
- Dried mushrooms, flavored powder, oils, cookbook and more
- Smoked meats & cheeses
- And a whole foods bunch more!
All of these Maine farmers are eager so show you how to create a full menu created using foods from Maine farmers and producers represented at this year’s Maine Harvest Festival.