Officials in Oklahoma have lowered the number of deaths suffered to 24 in the massive tornado that swept through the town of Moore Monday night. Originally, the figure had been as high as 51, probably a result of double-counting.
An enormous tornado with a debris cloud two miles wide tore through the metropolitan area just south of Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon.
UPDATE 9:28 p.m. EST: At least 51 people were killed in the storm, including seven children from Plaza Towers Elementary School in Moore, according to KFOR in Oklahoma City. The news station reported that 75 student and staff were inside the school when the storm struck. Officials said Monday night that the search of the rubble remaining of the school had turned to a recovery mission.
The Cleveland man accused of the horrifying abduction and rape of three women over the last 10-plus years, Ariel Castro, was arraigned in court on Thursday morning. He is being held on $8 million bail—$2 million for each of the three women he kidnapped and for the young girl one of the women gave birth to while in captivity.
UPDATE 2:25 p.m. EST: The suspects' names are Azamat Tazhayakov, Dias Kadyrbayev and Robel Phillipos. From The Boston Globe:
Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev, both 19 and of New Bedford, were charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice by plotting to dispose of a laptop computer and a backpack containing fireworks belonging to bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the US attorney’s office said in a statement.
Robel Phillipos, 19, of Cambridge was charged with making false statements to law enforcement officials in a terorism investigation, prosecutors said. 12:10 p.m. EST: According to Boston.com, the three suspects went to school at UMass-Dartmouth with Dzhokar Tsarnaev and may have helped him in the days immediately following the bombing, which was on April 15. Two of the suspects have been charged with overstaying their student visas.
The Boston Police Department announced that it has taken into custody three new suspects as a result of its ongoing investigation into the Boston Marathon bombing.
The second suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing has been captured. Dzokhar Tsarnaev was taken into police custody Friday night -- five days after the bombing that left three dead and left more than 100 injured, police said. The 19-year-old was apprehended after a manhunt that began Thursday night with the fatal shooting of an MIT officer and extended into the evening hours on Friday.
Special Agent Rick DesLauriers of the FBI, who is leading the investigation of the Boston Marathon bombings, just held a press conference in which he revealed that there are two suspects. The FBI released photographs and video of two men believed to be responsible for the attacks.
After days of combing through huge amounts of photographic and video evidence of Monday's bombings at the Boston Marathon, authorities have two clear video images of suspects that they plan to release to the public Thursday afternoon.
It appears that you already have an account created within our VIP network of sites on .
To keep your personal information safe, we need to verify that it's really you.
To activate your account, please confirm your password.
When you have confirmed your password, you will be able to log in through Facebook on both sites.
*Please note that your prizes and activities will not be shared between programs within our VIP network.
Welcome back to I-95 Road Crew
It appears that you already have an account on this site associated with . To connect your existing account just click on the account activation button below. You will maintain your existing VIP profile. After you do this, you will be able to always log in to http://i95rocks.com using your original account information.