Bar Harbor/MDI Route 3 Construction Will Pause For Labor Day Weekend
Work continues within the Bar Harbor/MDI reconstruction project on busy Route 3. Here is what the Maine Department Of Transportation has scheduled for this week:
Construction will stop at the end of the day on Thursday, August 31st, for the Labor Day weekend, and resume again on Tuesday, September 5th,
The area from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road has been opened up to two-way traffic until further notice.
The contractor will be working in the areas stated below for the week:
- Backing up shoulders and driveways from Sand Point Road to Lookout Point Road N.
- Placing new drainage from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road.
- Excavating subgrade, placing new gravel, and fine grading from Lookout Point Road N to Hamor Lane.
- Public works will be installing new water services from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road.
- Wet cast wall construction near the Hulls Cove School House.
- Utilities will be working at various locations along the project.