Battle Of The Bulge – Weight Loss Tools That Work
I was reading my latest Consumer Reports Mag about a study with 9000 readers trying 13 different diet plans. Turns out that which ever one you try, they’ll all work. The top performers were Weight Watchers and a new App called MyFitnessPal. However every plan seems to work if you apply these apparent universal truths:
- Finding the program that fits your habits, tastes and lifestyle. For example, there are ones that limit the type of food but not the amount AKA: Atkins and Paleo and those that limit your portions but not food types AKA; Weight Watchers and MyFitnessPal
- Keeping track of exercise, food choices, etc. Think of this as getting to know yourself a little better so you can make long term better choices.
- Adjust your expectations. setting you goal too high to begin can back fire and lure you into quitting. there will be good days and not so good days and building in grace and time will lend itself to more and longer termed success.
- I Cook or I Don’t Cook. look for applicable plans
- Don’t give up until you find the one that works for you, you deserve it:)
And there you go. One other thing to consider, they do also talk about how negative emotions can make health eating harder for some. And for those folks cognitive therapy helps you define and beat your triggers. Click here for the full article.