Cancellations for Wednesday – February 5, 2014
Today’s winter storm is causing some cancellations around the state. Roads are treacherous and so motorists need to slow down and give themselves plenty of time to stop. Put the cell phone away and limit distractions. You’ll need your focus on the road.
Stay home if you possibly can. And if you don’t see your event on this list, you may still want to call ahead just to make sure they’re still holding it. If you get to stay home today, awesome! We’ll all be jealous!
Here’s our list so far today. Check back often, as we’ll continue to update it throughout the day!
- Augusta has a parking ban in effect at this hour until 7am Thursday
- Bar Harbor Banking and Trust closing all locations at 3pm
- Beal College in Bangor is closed
- Charleston Town Office is closed
- Community Fitness in Guilford – no evening fitness classes
- Darling’s ‘Women and Wheel’s’ event in Ellsworth tonight has been postponed to March 19th
- Dental Associates – Bucksport Office is closed
- Dexter American Legion Bingo canceled
- Downtown Bangor has a parking ban in effect tonight from 11pm to 6am
- Eastern Maine Community College is closed
- Fusion Bangor’s ‘Newcomer’s Night’ at Coespace has been postponed to February 19th
- Husson University in Bangor and Southern Maine closed today
- Hutchinson Center is Closed
- Jill St. Peter State Farm office is closed
- Maine Center for Integrated Rehab in Brewer is closed
- MDI YMCA is closed
- Milo Public Library is closed today
- Southwest Harbor Public Library is closed
- Spruce Run Womancare Alliance in Bangor and Dover closed – Hotline is open
- State offices in York,Cumberland,Sagadahoc,Lincoln,Knox,Waldo,Kennebec, Androscoggin, and Oxford counties closed today. All others will remain open, as usual.
- Thomas College in Waterville – closed
- United Technology Center (UTC) – no adult education
- Unity College Closed
- University of Maine at Machias is closed