Local Sales Manager – Bangor/Presque Isle, ME
Townsquare Media Bangor / Presque Isle, is looking for a dynamic Local Sales Manager. Are you passionate about leading a strong sales force? We only want those leaders who can thrive in an environment of opportunity and challenge. Someone who is always looking for more. To you, satisfaction isn’t making budget or beating the market, it’s annihilating it, and running up the score. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to grow and manage a direct sales force and be part of our “best in class” sales management team.
We are a Townsquare Media brand, which means you have on air and online radio, robust digital assets and live events in your portfolio to help build our clients’ businesses.
We provide world class, multi-product sales training to our managers and Account Executives. Our Sales Managers have lucrative earning potential, salary and bonus.
JOB SUMMARY: To manage the daily sales operations of our five-station Bangor and three-station Presque Isle local radio market, live event and digital sales department. The successful Local Sales Manager will use independent judgment and discretion to develop strategies to attain sales revenue and goals. The LSM reports to the Director of Sales and Market President/Chief Revenue Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Guide a team of people on our existing local sales staff who develop new business by prospecting, qualifying, doing CNAs, and presenting solutions to businesses in Central/Eastern Maine and Aroostook County.
- Retain and support our A players, recruit and grow new sellers on the team.
- Lead from the front with passion, belief and enthusiasm.
- Work independently and as part of a team to achieve set goals and take us to new heights.
- Follow through with established accountability standards developed by corporate, the RVP, Market President, and Director of Sales.
- Responsible for maximizing client revenue opportunities with on-going account list management.
- Daily on-street presence meeting with prospects and clients, assisting AE’s with presentations and in-field coaching.
- Monitor and evaluate the activities and products of the competition.
- Run weekly sales meetings as needed.
- Participate as a key member of the leadership team.
- The LSM will work closely with the Director of Sales and Market President to create unique and valuable cross-platform programs integrating our on-air radio advertising, online radio advertising, digital products and on-site events. The position requires broadcast or digital audio sales experience, strong leadership and interpersonal skills with the presence to lead others and enhance overall revenues while motivating a team.
- 5+ years’ experience working within broadcast or digital sales experience
- Previous broadcast sales management experience is preferred but not required.
- Ability to articulate marketing needs, benefits statements, unique selling points of products;
- Skill in organizing work schedule of self and others;
- Ability to approach and effectively communicate with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner;
- Ability to effectively function in a fast paced environment with quotas and goals;
- Ability to maintain high level of organization and attention to detail;
- Ability to remain flexible and responsive when faced with multiple urgent requests;
- Ability to use computer software programs including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks.
Assistant Digital Managing Editor – Bangor, ME
Media/Digital Content| Brewer, United States
ASSISTANT DIGITAL MANAGING EDITOR
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA IS SEEKING AN ASSISTANT DIGITAL MANAGING EDITOR TO HELP OVERSEE THE EDITORIAL OPERATIONS OF THE COMPANY’S LOCAL WEBSITES IN BANGOR AND PRESQUE ISLE, ME.
The position will be based in Bangor, but travel to Presque Isle may be necessary on occasion.
Candidates must have online editorial experience, and the ability to nurture a strong editorial voice. Exceptional writing and editing skills are a must. The person filling this role should understand what makes content on the web sticky, conversation-starting and good for SEO.
The job also requires the ability to focus under fast-paced pressure, and the capacity for managing multiple tasks at once. Great communication skills, attention to detail, and a sense of humor are all a must. Experience working with WordPress, HTML, Photoshop and video and familiarity with AP style are all a plus as well.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Partner with teams of on-air talent to create compelling content for the community, including text, photo, video & interactive across the site, mobile and social media.
- Develop content based on audience demand & search data
- Edit several posts and features a day
- Distribute the content across the web and grow the audience
- Monitor and analyze web statistics with the goal of improving performance
- Utilize best practices for Search Engine Optimization and Social Media to drive audience.
- Strategize ways to increase site audience & engagement
- Grow an Active Database for email, mobile and social media
- Ensure on-air promotions, contests, events, and activities are always synced with a web component.
- Please include resume, cover letter and links to writing/video clips with your application to email@example.com.
Media and Digital Sales Executive – Bangor, ME
Media/Digital Sales | Brewer, United States
Are you commission driven? Have a sense of what it takes to win? If you want to grow professionally, can move at the speed of light and still have fun – Well then we want to talk to you.
Townsquare Media Bangor is looking for a dynamic sales executive to join our media and digital advertising team!
- Promote and sell advertising programs which may include local radio, digital products such as display, streaming, loyalty programs, e-commerce, and digital marketing services
- Leverage our live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients
- Create new relationships with local and regional businesses in our area
- Inquiring and crafting advertising programs for your clients, both new and existing
- Work with local and corporate marketing teams to develop campaign support materials
- Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and overachieve annual budgets
- Enters new customer data and other sales contract details for station clients into computer database
- Follow accountabilities set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success achieving monthly sales quotas consistently
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization
- Goal oriented and a sense of what it takes to win is essential
- Strong desire to be coached, mentored, and developed while comfortable being an individual contributor
- Comfortable with prospecting and cold calling
- Candidates must demonstrate passion for sales
- Ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport
- Must be proficient at conducting needs analysis
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Previous sales experience preferred
- Broadcast/digital sales experience a plus
- Associates/Bachelor’s business/marketing-related degree or equivalent experience
Current Townsquare Media Broadcasting Employee Qualification Statement: It is preferred that current employees of Townsquare Media Broadcasting, LLC and affiliated companies have a minimum of six months of service in their present position, and a fully competent performance rating to be eligible to apply for this position.
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 312 radio stations and over 325 local companion websites in 66 small to mid-sized markets, making it the third largest owner of radio stations, a national portfolio of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 50 million US unique visitors monthly, including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, approximately 500 live music and non-music events annually, and Seize the Deal, an E-commerce business.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.