Donations are now being taken for an Exeter family that was burned out of their home this past Monday morning.  The house was already engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived at the home of Clarence and Arlene Rider on the Tibbetts Road around 9am.  Everyone made it out safely although a few pets were lost in the fire.

According to an post on the WABI TV 5 website, Arlene Rider said the fire was started by a wood stove.  The family does not have insurance.

Clarence Rider has done work for our station in the past, he's one of those courageous guys that climbs way up high to the top of radio station towers and changes light bulbs!

Donations are being accepted at:

Arlene Rider Fund
c/o Camden National Bank
P.O. Box 28
Corinth, ME 04427

You can also stop by the Exeter Town Office and donate clothing.  Call them at 379-2191 for more information on what is needed.  There is a benefit supper in the works but hasn't been organized yet, we'll let you know more about that when it materializes.