Emergency Medical Information For Your Pet in an App
What would you do if your pet suddenly stopped breathing? Or if you were in a strange town and your pet needed emergency care? A new phone APP from the American Red Cross can help!
It’s just 99 cents for the American Red Cross Pet First Aid App, good for iPhone and Android Smartphones. It will give users instant access to expert information so they learn how to maintain their pet’s health and what to do during emergencies.
The Pet First Aid app will offer step-by-step instructions, videos, and imaging for more than 25 common first aid and emergency situations, including how to treat wounds, control bleeding, and care for breathing and cardiac emergencies. Pet owners can learn how to treat burns, what to do if your pet is in a car accident, and how to treat cold or heat related injuries.
Other features include:
- Create a pet profile including tag identification number, photos, and list of medications
- A list of early warning signs to learn when to call your pet’s veterinarian
- “Click to Call” to contact the vet
- Find emergency pet care facilities or alternate veterinarians with the ‘animal hospital locator’
- Locate Pet friendly hotels
Plus you can take a Red Cross course on Pet First Aid so you can practice your skills and receive feedback. For more information, click the button!