English Biodiesel Car That Goes Like Stink and Gets 2000 Miles Per Tankfull
I don’t think I am alone in saying I am sick and tired of the price of gas and how much it can rule my life and pocket book. That’s why I was so excited when I saw this new biodiesel car from England.
Granted it is sexy and is clocked at speeds close to 200 mph but that isn’t what caught my interest.
Because of a special design of the engine not only can it run on what is essentially cooking oil. In fact biodiesel can be made from not just cooking oil but also virgin rapeseed, linseed palm, soya bean oil, kerosene and paraffin. Add to that, because of its torque modification technology, it gets roughly 2000 miles to a tank full, that’s from Maine to Colorado.
Makers Trident claims its Iceni model is the world’s fastest and most fuel efficient sports car – and it’s pretty good looking too. It also costs over 160,000.00 so I’m not getting out my checkbook yet. However, if they were to put this newly designed gearbox and engine design in a more standard type of vehicle that could even pull 100 MPH I’d have to think it would be more affordable and the possibilities are amazing.
ICENI SPORTS CAR SPECIFICATIONS RECAP:
- Engine: 6.6 litre Turbo Diesel V8
- Gearbox: 6 speed fully automatic
- Power/Performance: 395brake horsepower with 700lbs ft of Torque.
- Acceleration: 0-60mph in 3.7seconds
- Top speed: Over 190mph.
- Interior: ‘Tilt and slide’ steering column, air conditioning, electric windows, specially designed heated and electric seats trimmed in
- leather, a CD player and digital radio with MP3 and Bluetooth.
- Fuel: Conventional diesel or pure biodiesel, such as cooking oil, virgin rapeseed, linseed palm, soya bean oil, kerosene and paraffin.
- Price: From $161,578.00
This slide show of the latest model was put out not too long ago…purdy!