Free Day of Fun for the Family in Brewer
This Saturday a free day of family fun is available in Brewer!
Outdoor Family Fun Day
Saturday- June 1, 2013 10 AM- 4 PM at the Penobscot County..Conservation Association located at 570 N. Main St. in Brewer. This is a day designed for family to do and learn together. So they invite you to come- Learn- Enjoy- Bring Family & Friends!
Children Under 1.2must Be Accompanied by an adult
- Activities Will Start At 10am and continue until 12 Noon. Food will be available for a donation from 12 Noon Until 1pm U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance- Trailblazer Adventure Day Program- Visit the activities and earn a patch from the Alliance.
- Penobscot Riverkeepers- Enjoy the Penobscot River in a 28' Canoe- Rides Start At 10Am, 1pm, 3 Pm wit a Safety Briefing, Pfd Fitting and Basic Instructions.
- Maine Science Lady- What's In The Pond Water? Look And See! 10-12n & 1- 4 Pm At Pond Microscopes And Pond Water Fun
- Penobscot Fly Fishers - Fly Casting At Pond 10 Am, 11am, 1pm, & 3 Pm - No Hooks Just Learn The Techniques - 10 And Older Only Please!
- Fly Tying In Clubhouse 10- 12 Noon & 1- 4 Pm- Learn To Tie The Flies To Catch The Fish
- Inland Fisheries And Wildlife Search-Wardens & Dogs- Subject To Their Availability!
- Penobscot River Restoration - Making Wood Block Prints - Learn More About Carving And Stamping -In Clubhouse 10-12 & 1- 4pm
- Geocaching - Learn about this Sport- For The Techno Geek And Nature Person 10-12 Am & 1-4 Pm Static Display In Clubhouse; Active Demos--Find A Cache Outside- Loaner Equip Ment Will Be Available Or Bring Your Own Gps Receiver
- Penobscot County Conservation Association- Learn Beginning Basics Of Using An Air Rifle - In Clubhouse Basement Range 10 -12 Noon, 1-4 Pm
- Maine Bow Hunters- Archery For Beginners 10-12 Noon & 1-4 Pm In Barn
- Maine Trappers Assoc. - Inside Display- Meet The Trappers And Learn More. 10 – 12 & 1-4 Pm Outside & Inside Set Ups.
- Project Wild - How Do Birds Use Their Beaks? Why Do Birds Have Different Beaks And What Do They Eat? An Activity Where Children May Participate And Learn More About Birds.
Event Will Be Held Rain Or Shine!