Happy Birthday, Bangor!
On this fine day back in 1834, the City of Bangor was incorporated!
To celebrate, here's some fun facts about the Queen City!
- Bangor's original name was Condeskeg Plantation.
- Early Boston and New York was constructed mostly of Maine lumber, exported from Bangor.
- The Bangor area was home to 300-400 saw mills.
- Bangor was a center of anti-slavery politics, years before the civil war. The Bangor Theological Seminary had a big influence.
- Embers from a hay shed on the banks of the Kenduskeag Stream, sparked the Great Fire of 1911.
I kinda feel bad, I didn't even get Bangor a card.