Here Is What’s Happening This Week Within The MDI Route 3 Reconstruction Project
Here's what the Maine Department Of Transportation has scheduled for the Route 3 construction project this week!
Remember to drive slow through the construction area and also through the detour routes! All work is weather dependent.
- The contractor will be working over in Somesville at the intersection of Routes 198/102/3 fine grading and paving the new turning lane.
- The contractor will be paving Eagle lake road from Norway Road towards Route 198.
- The contractor will be installing water line services and pipe from Sand Point Road to Baymeath Road and Lookout Point Road to East Hillside Drive. They will also be installing temporary water line from Crooked Road headed north.
- The contractor will be working on placing drainage and excavating new ditch lines from Sand Point Road to Old Bar Harbor Road.
- The contractor will begin milling off pavement from Old Bar Harbor Road to Sand Point Road and from Hamor Lane to Crooked Road.
- The utility companies will be working on setting new poles and line work at various locations from Old Bar Harbor Road to Crooked Road.
The Crooked Road Detour and first one-way loop is up and running. Please drive safely and pay attention to signage, traffic signals, and flaggers.