I-95 Drive Home Mystery Artist [VIDEO]
Tonight’s mystery artist is a talented guy who has helped write hit for a half dozen artists covering one of them and making it into a hit. Think you can guess who he is or his regular band’s name??
This artist was brought to light on musictimes when he got writing credit for Sam Smith’s “Stay With Me” because it resembled too closely “Won’t Back Down” by Tom Petty who also got credit. Tom’s friend? Jeff Lynne of course. It is fairly common knowledge that Jeff helped Tom with that song plus ”Into The Great Wide Open” and” Learning To Fly” So who are the other artists that Jeff lent a hand?
- He wrote for a band called ‘The Move’ the song “Do Ya” He was even a temporary member of the group and would eventually cover the song with ELO. “Do Ya” went to #24 on the US charts.
- After leaving the group ABBA Agnetha Fältskog had him write “One Way Love”
- Never one to turn away a friend Jeff came to the aid of Former Beatle George Harrison and helped him write "This Is Love" for the album Cloud Nine.
- Jeff Lynne also helped write "Let It Shine" by Brian Wilson
- "Beep" by The Pussycat Dolls which is said to feature an instrumental hook that is nearly 100 percent sampled from ELO's 1975 song "Evil Woman."
Tonight's features song.