Most Popular State To Move To In 2013
More people packed up and moved to Oregon last year than any other state in the Union. Oregon was the number one destination among people who moved from one state to another.
Oregon replaced Washington, D.C., which had held the top spot for the previous five years as people sought out government jobs. The nation’s capital fell to fourth place last year, tying with South Dakota.
So what is so great about Oregon you ask. Well, according to the states webpage
- It has many great out lets for Hiking, Fishing, Windsurfing, Skateboarding, Golf, River Recreation, Cycling and Camping.
- It has Casinos, Scenic Byways and lots of Covered Bridges. Plus, Crater Lakes National Park.
- Oregon is the home of Meadow Larks, Swallowtail Butterflies and Chinook Salmon
- The average house price is around $225,000.00.
- Population is about 3,899,353
- Like NH they have no sales tax.
According to the United Van Lines 2013 migration study. The top states we are moving to are:
- South Carolina
- North Carolina
- District of Columbia
- South Dakota
And the top states we’re leaving in droves are:
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
- New Mexico