“National Night Out” Tonight In Bangor
Tonight is “National Night Out” and once again Bangor is participating!
Over 15,000 cities and towns nationwide will participate in “National Night Out”, The event was created to “strengthen communities by encouraging neighborhoods to engage in stronger relationships with each other and with local law enforcement. The goal is to heighten crime/drug-prevention awareness, generate awareness of and participation in our local neighborhood watch programs, foster neighborhood spirit and solidarity, and most importantly, send a message to criminals that criminal and drug activity will not be tolerated in our neighborhoods!”
“National Night Out” happens at Stillwater Park on Howard Street between 6 and 8 p.m. Bangor’s East and West Side neighborhood watch groups, the Bangor PD, and Target, the national sponsor have some great stuff planned.
Their will be a “carnival like” atmosphere as hot dogs and beverage will be served along with all sorts of demonstrations, including:
- Gun safety demonstration.
- Personal safety demonstration.
- Dog trainer demo courtesy of Bear Brook Kennel.
- Self Defense demo by Maine Traditional Karate.
- Maine bicycle and pedestrian safety courtesy of BikeMaine.org.
- Obstacle course and Go-Karts from the Maine National Guard
- Explosive sniffing K-9s and a robot demo from the Bangor PD.
And yes, the ever popular “Duck Of Justice” will make an appearance!
When it gets dark tonight Bangor residents are asked to turn on their outside lights to show their support of National Night Out!