A fire this past Tuesday morning in West Paris Maine burned down the former home of the last wooden clothespin manufacturer in the United States, and came close to igniting a warehouse next door that originally firefighters thought was filled with "cases of fireworks"..

The "old Penly Mill", the largest building in town burnt to the ground, despite the efforts of 50 firefighters from dozens of towns. It was quite a spectacular blaze.

Officials finally confirmed that there were no fireworks stored in the building next door.  The building is being leased by the owners of a fireworks store.

The cause of the blaze is being investigated.