Portland, Maine firefighters have found themselves in hot water after their fire station went up in smoke while they were out fighting another fire.

The Portland Press Herald reports that the fire started when a stove burner was left on while firefighters left to go fight another fire at a nearby residence. According to a statement by city officials, the firefighters had just begun cooking dinner when the call-out to respond to another fire came in.

The fire station, located in the North Deering neighborhood of Portland, will need repairs, and the ladder company operating out of that location will be temporarily moved to another station. City leaders were confident that response times wouldn't be affected by the move.
File this one under "possible SNL skits!"
Hey... firefighters are human too!