Sargento Recalls Cheese Products
Have any of this in your refrigerator? Get rid of it.
Sargento Foods' Longhorn Colby product, among others, have been recalled due to "a potential contamination of Listeria monocytogenes", according to a press release from the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry. Although no illnesses have been reported at this time.
The affected retail products are Sargento Ultra Thin Sliced Longhorn Colby, 6.84 oz., UPC 4610000228, with “Sell By” dates of “12APR17B” and “10MAY17B” and Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Nacho & Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040041, with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17” and “H12JUL17.”
These products were packaged at the Sargento Plymouth, Wisconsin, facility.
Out of an abundance of caution, Sargento is also recalling the following products because they were packaged on the same line as the affected cheese:
- Sargento Sliced Colby-Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000109 with “Sell By” date of “11JUN17B”
- Sargento Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese, 12 oz., UPC 4610000108 with “Sell By” dates of “12JUN17B”, “09JUL17B” and “10JUL17B”
- Sargento Chef Blends Shredded Taco Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040002 with “Sell By” dates of “H14JUN17”, “F28JUN17” and “D28JUN17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Colby-Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040014 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
- Sargento Off The Block Shredded Fine Cut Cheddar Jack Cheese, 8 oz., UPC 4610040076 with “Sell By” date of “F05JUL17”
You can also check to see if the product you've purchased is being recalled by visiting the Sargento website, and using their Search Product Tool.