Scheduled Work For The Bar Harbor Rte 3 Project
This is what the MDOT and contractors will be working on this week and next within the multi-million dollar project.
- Working on shaping, placing stone, and loaming inslopes from the Acadia National Park entrance through the Bluffs
- Placing new concrete curbing from the Acadia National Park entrance into the Bluffs
- Grade and pave driveways from the Acadia National Park entrance into the Bluffs
- Lower frames and grates from West Street to Duck Brook
- Install new guardrail from Duck Brook to the Bluffs
- Shape and loam shoulders from the Acadia National Park entrance to the Bluffs
- Placing new guardrail from the Acadia National Park entrance to the Bluffs
All scheduled work is dependent on the weather. The one-way detour out of Bar Harbor which uses the Park Loop Road within Acadia National Park is still in operation. While on the detour, please obey the speed limit and watch out for hikers and wildlife.
The road reconstruction project is due to be completed early next year!