Securing An Accident Free Summer
I don't know about you but I spent all day Sunday outside in my garden. once warm weather hits, my deck is where you'll see me most of the time. So when I saw the Consumer Reports went to the trouble to try and keep me safe in the yard I figured I'd share.
- Check the deck for loose screws, bad boards and railing safety.
- Provide protection, make sure there is sunscreen available easily outside.
- Take down sports equipment and drain kiddy pools after each use
- Where a pool is present an emergency flotation device should be kept handy
- Keep an extinguisher near the grill or fire pit
- Grills should be kept 10' from the house and establish a 3' safety zone for kids and pets.
- Put lighting on stairs and along pathway
All seems pretty standard but it never hurts to run a check list.