Strategies To Beat Eating Season Weight Gain
The average person gains five pounds between now and New Years. my reply…Yikes! and no thank you. So how do I plan to keep myself in check? Well, I polled a group of trusted health sites including WebMD and the Cleavland Clinic to see if they felt there were some common denominators and here is my list of guidelines.
- Everyone seems to agree that the first important thing to remember when heading off to a Holiday function is don’t go hungry.
- When approaching the buffet find the smallest plate you can to use
- If you are bringing a dish to the party make a healthier option you know you love, it’s always a good choice.
- During the season remember to get moving a little more or at the very least not skipping what you normally love to do. i.e. take a walk can really help your cause
- Watch your alcohol consumption like many other empty calorie beverages they can really add up.
- Be picky, if you are going to splurge on a sweet or holiday treat spend your calories on something you really love not just mindless munching or over politeness.
- When you can at a Holiday function make it more about socializing than eating.
- And finally, if you overindulge don’t beat yourself up and go crazy. The Holidays are meant to be a celebration so give it a shrug and do better but don’t give up.