The Amazing Amount We Eat At Thanksgiving Dinner
For starters who even knew that there was a Calorie Control Council and why are they such buzz kills? Before I astound you with what they think you’ll consume on turkey day let me assure you you ca only absorb so many calories in one day and if this isn’t your regular type of meal there is not only no harm but some health experts say it’s good to indulge once and a while. So flip off the guilt switch, here is what they say…
The average person will consume 4,500 calories at their Thanksgiving meal. The Calorie Control Council found that the turkey dinner alone can contain 3,000 calories.
The additional 1,500 calories can be blamed on snacks such as dips, chips and beverages consumed before, during and after the main meal.
These figures don’t even include breakfast or the late evening munching on leftovers.
Here is a rundown of how that compares to other high calorie favorites:
- 9 large boxes of fries at McDonald’s
- 7 Whoppers from Burger King
- 4 carnitas burritos from Chipotle
- 2 medium pepperoni pizzas from Pizza Hut
- 37 chicken drumsticks from KFC
- 4 medium cookie dough blizzards from Dairy Queen
- 16 snack boxes of popcorn shrimp from Long John Silvers
- 11 Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy’s
- 10 classic Beef n’ Cheddar sandwiches from Arby’s
- 48 traditional chicken wings with Honey BBQ sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings