Tickle Your Taste Buds Saturday With A Foodie Walking Tour
Looking for a new thrill for your Labor Day Weekend? Why not try a walking tour in beautiful Rockland or Bar Harbor where at every turn you get to sample something delicious.
The Rockland Lunchtime Culinary Tour departs from the Strand Theatre on Main Street in Rockland at 10:30 and goes until 1:30. Their site where you can make you reservation today boasts:
Did you know... that a diner owner in Rockland lays claims to the creation of the first lobster roll? That a former resident of the town invented, not the donut, but the hole in the donut? And, a man known as the "father of coffee breaks" in the early 1800's hails from Rockland?
Offerings for your stroll through Rockland will include:
- Lobster rolls from fresh lobsters caught off Matinicus Island, 23 miles off the Rockland coast
- Local beer marinated beef skewers with onion rings
- You choice of an award winning Maine craft beer
- Locally sourced soups with choice of vegan, gluten free and more
- Delicious Maine cheese from a nearby creamery
- Specialty chocolate made right in Rockland
- Tasty gelato - a summer favorite
- EVOO and balsamics
Offerings on the Bar Harbor tour are:
- Fresh Maine mini lobster rolls
- The famous "Jean Acadia" featuring Maine roasted and robust coffee with ice cream plus delicious Maine blueberry crumb cake
- Duckfat fries with delicious dipping sauces
- Maine Peekytoe crab cakes with remoulade sauce
- Handcrafted Maine ales
- Award-winning cheese from a local farm
- Flavorful wild Maine blueberry and maple popcorn
Bar Harbor's tour steps off at the Village Green at 10:30 also and your can book your reservation here.