Wasting Time @ Work
The simple truth is people waste time at work. Sixty four percent of us visit websites each day that have nothing to do with our jobs and fifty percent of us waste up to five hours a week and social media is to blame.
That means an employee who works 2,080 hours per year (260 days) wastes 520 hours per year. That’s 25% of her total hours at work spent on unproductive activities.
According to recent data from Salary.com, employees give the following responses as to why they waste time:
- 34% of employees say they are not challenged
- 34% say they work long hours
- 32% say there’s no incentive to work harder
- 30% are unsatisfied with work
- 23% are just plain bored
- 18% say it’s due to low wages