Weird Things We Look For During The Big Game To Make It More Fun
Though football fans see this Sunday as their day, Those of us who are kind of along for the ride watch the Super Bowl for just about everything but the action on the field. If that describes you seems you're in good company. Here are some of the strange ways we make watching the game more fun and the stuff we don't want to see.A survey showed 78 percent of Americans look forward to Super Bowl commercials more than the game. Other findings:
- 18-to-30-year-olds were the only age group polled that preferred Super Bowl commercials (26 percent) to the game itself (24 percent).
- On average, Americans do not have a major problem with musical artists lip syncing their halftime performances, with only 13 percent of respondents stating that they’d be bothered “a great deal” if that happened.
- Americans were, however, bothered by the idea that someone would lip sync the National Anthem, with 33 percent now claiming that they’d be bothered “a great deal” if that occurred.
And according to Bovada.com to really increase the fun of the game bets are placed and odds are run on some really crazy non-game related things like:
- What Luke Bryan will be wearing
- How long the National Anthem will take to sing (Longest Recorded Jenifer Hudson at 2:10)
- What color will Lady Gaga's hair be
- What song Lady Gaga will perform first during Halftime
- Will some announcer say "Houston We've Got A Problem"
- How many times will Gisele Bundchen be shown on TV during the game broadcast?
- Who will win MVP and Who that person will thank i.e. God, their family, team, etc
So maybe you pick a few and grab some quarters and play with your friends.