Work Going On Now Within The Bar Harbor Rte 3 Project
Here is what the contractors will be doing over the next few weeks within the multi-million dollar road reconstruction project that's due to be completed in the spring of 2019.
- Working on new drainage from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs
- Milling and grading roadway from Duck Brook to the Bluffs
- Placing frames and grates on catch basins from Highbrook Road to West Street
- Grade and pave driveways from Duck Brook to The Bayview
- Working on new drainage systems from the Bluffs to the Acadia National Park entrance
- Working on water services at West Street
- Installing catch basin frames and grates from College of the Atlantic to West Street
- Fine grading and paving driveways from College of the Atlantic to The Bayview
Remember, all work is dependent on the weather. For the safety of workers, slow down and obey signage and flaggers. The one-way detour out of Bar Harbor utilizing the Acadia National Park Loop Road in still in operation, drive carefully when using it!