Here’s What They’re Doing On Rte 3 In Bar Harbor This Week & Next
Is it over yet? No.
The Maine Department of Transportation and contractors continue to work within the multi-million dollar project that is due for completion in the spring of 2019. Here is what they'll be focusing on during the next couple of weeks:
- Working on new drainage from College of the Atlantic to West Street, from Duck
- Brook towards the Bluffs, and working on the new large pipe at Duck Brook
- Working on water services from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs
- Excavating and grading gravel driveways from Duck Brook to College of the Atlantic
- Grading and paving from The Bayview to College of the Atlantic
- Installing new curbing from Duck Brook to the Bayview
- Working on new drainage systems from Duck Brook towards the Bluffs, as well as the large pipe at Duck Brook
- Excavating and grading gravel drives from Duck Brook to West Street
- Removing pavement and grading existing roadway from College of the Atlantic to West Street
- Installing catch basin frames and grates from The Bayview to College of the Atlantic
Remember, when using the one-way detour utilizing the Park Loop Road, please drive slowly and keep an eye out for tourists, children, house pets and wildlife in general.