Grab Your Toboggan, Camden’s Winterfest Is On!
You have heard me say it many times if you are going to live in Maine in winter, the trick to feeling good about it is dressing warm and getting outside. So here is the great news you’ll have all kind of reasons put your boots on and head to the coast as Camden’s Winterfest goes on all this week.
As of last Saturday, Jan 30, Camden Winterfest's flurry of event really began and will runs until Sunday, Feb. 7 events finish with the much anticipated U.S. National Toboggan Championships at the Camden Snow Bowl.
Promoted as a Maine’s Mardi Gras, it looks like there is something for everyone to see and enjoy. There's still time to sign up to race a toboggan and carve some ice plus all the other wonderful events to mention a few:
- Community Ice Festival
- CamJam Freestyle Ski and Snowboarding Demos and Competition
- Maine State Snow Sculpting Championships
- Winterfest Polar Plunge
- Special movie showings
- Live Music
- U.S. National Toboggan Championships, Camden Snow Bowl
- Snow Plow Parade
- Fireworks over the Harbor:
- Chili Challenge:
- Mardi Gras Sidewalk Parade:
- Mardi Gras of Maine Block Party