Kennebunk Student’s IPhone Sets Pants On Fire
At Kennebunk Middle School this past Friday an IPhone in a 13 year old students back pocket caught fire while she was sitting in the classroom!
The student was about to start her first class of the day when she heard a popping sound coming from her back pocket, she then felt a burning sensation set it and noticed smoke. The student’s first instinct was to “stop, drop and roll” and to get out of the pants she was in.
Her girlfriends asked the boys in the classroom to vacate into the hallway while the student disrobed and a teacher threw a blanket over her. Spectators of the incident said that the both the student and the cell phone were visibly burned.
According to an article on SeacoastOnline, EMS Division Chief Andrew Palmeri said, “it appears that when the student sat down, with the phone in her back pocket, the phone’s battery “shorted out.” The state fire marshal is investigating.
The girl was taken to a hospital in Biddeford where she was treated for first and second degree burns.