Maine Wardens Respond to Many Snowmobile Crashes
The Maine Warden Service and first responders had a busy weekend, responding to four serious accidents on Maine trails.
Caribou, Eustis, China and Limerick where sites of snowmobile accents in the state. One accident involved a collision with a moose, others where speed related. Most involved in the crashes sustained moderate to serious injuries.
In light of International Snowmobile Safety Week, here's some saftey tips to keep you safe on the trails.
- NEVER mix drugs/alcohol with sledding.
- Don't ride alone. If your caught in poor weather, experience a medical emergency, accident or have a problem with your machine who will help you?
- Let someone know where you're riding. Cell phone don't always have service, especially in northern Maine. Also leave a note on the dash on your vehicle to help first responders find you, if needed.
- Always keep to the right of the trail.
- Give trail groomers the right of way.
- Slow down when approching oncoming traffic.
- ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!!
All this week The Snowmobile Report will feature more safety tips. Catch it weekday mornings at 7:50 on the I-95 More Music Morning Show.