Multiple Departments Respond To Early Morning Hampden House Fire
Officials say smoke detectors alerted a Hampden family to a fire early this morning.
WABI-TV reports the fire was called in a little before 1 a.m. at a house on the Shaw Hill Road. Multiple departments responded to the fire that officials think was probably caused by an electrical issue.
Smoke detectors woke the family of four and they all got out of the house safely. Fire officials urge all residents to make sure they have working smoke detectors in their homes. And change the batteries twice a year to keep them working properly.