UPDATE: 8:24:00am 7-8-13

Bangor Fire officials say investigators with the fire Marshal's Office have determined a faulty refrigerator is  responsible for sparking a fire this morning.

Assistant fire Chief Anthony Riitano says 7 of the 10 units in the building were occupied and one man was transported to the hospital out of precaution to be checked for symptoms of smoke inhalation.

The fire is knocked down and the building is uninhabitable at this time.

Smoke and flames were reported showing this morning from an apartment building at 380 Hammond Street.

Bangor fire fighters had the fire knocked down pretty quickly and will work on determining its cause.

Some cats were reportedly missing after the fire.