Time For Teen Talk Again – On-line Sharing Is A No No
Look at the picture above...chances are 3 of these teens have given out too much information on-line. In fact, if you have a teenager in the house, you should know that research has shown they are more than likely sharing too much personal information online, making them vulnerable to cyber crime.
LifeLock is a company that specializes in identity theft protection and found that 3 out of 4 teens engaged in potentially risky behavior. This is what teens are sharing online that they shouldn’t:
- 29 percent said they display their full date of birth, including the year
- 33 percent said they display part of their birth date, such as the month and year
- 23 percent reveal part of their home address
- 6 percent show their full home address
- 63 percent share the name of the school they attend