Blue HIll Fair [SCHEDULE]
One more day to go! The Blue Hill Fair, Maine’s “down to earth” country fair , a Labor Day Weekend tradition! Grab a sausage and fries and then head on over to the farm section and pat a cow!
This year’s fair includes some great contests. Why would anyone in their right mind miss an event like ”Hot Dog Pig Racing”? You just have to love it!
The Blue Hill Fair Idol contest will continue continues with local folks belting out the tunes, the finals will happen on Labor Day at 2:30pm!
Other events include the Great Maine Lumberjack Show, Just Paul: Comedy, Magic and Juggling, Disc Connected K9s, Antique Tractor Pulling, Northeast U.S. Sheep Dog Trials, The FMX Motorcycle Stunt Team, a Monster Truck Show, and of course the fireworks display Sunday night at 9!
Musical acts this year include, Rich Charette and the Bubble Gum Band, the Allison Ames Band, O.C. & Sarah, and the Full Drive Band.
This is one of your final chances to take advantage of summer, and I suggest that you do it!
Monday, September 2 — Labor Day
- 8:00 A.M. — Fair Opens
- 8:30 A.M. — ADGA Dairy Goat Show
- 10:00 A.M. — Farmers Ox and Steer Obstacle Course
- 10:00 A.M. — Midway Opens
- 10:00 A.M. — Llama Demonstration (Livestock Department)
- 10:00 A.M. — Low Impact Forestry Demonstration (Horse Show Ring)
- 11:00 A.M. — Herdsman and Special Awards (Livestock Show Ring)
- 11:00 A.M. — Hot Dog Pig Racing
- 12:00 Noon — Great Maine Lumberjack Show
- 12:00 Noon — Harness Racing
- 12:00 Noon — Midway Stage: “Maine Street R&B Revue”
- 1:00 P.M. — Disc-Connected K9′s
- 1:00 P.M. — 2 lb. Rock Horse Pull, Open
- 2:00 P.M. — Low Impact Forestry Demonstration (Horse Show Ring)
- 2:00 P.M. — Great Maine Lumberjack Show
- 2:30 P.M. — Midway Stage: “Just Paul: Comedy, Magic, Juggling”
- 2:30 P.M. — Blue Hill Fair Idol Finals(Grandstand Stage)
- 3:00 P.M. — Disc-Connected K9′s
- 3:00 P.M. — Hot Dog Pig Racing
- 3:00 P.M. — 3200 Class 15′ Horse Pull, 15′ Elimination
- 4:00 P.M. — Great Maine Lumberjack Show
- 4:00 P.M. — Midway Stage: “Just Paul: Comedy, Magic, Juggling”
- 5:00 P.M. — Disc-Connected K9′s
- 5:00 P.M. — Monster Truck Autograph Pit Party
- 5:30 P.M. — Hot Dog Pig Racing
- 6:00 P.M. — KSR Motorsports “Night of Destruction” Monster Truck Show. Autograph Pit Party to Follow
- 6:30 P.M. — Midway Stage: “Full Drive Band”
SPECIAL ADDED ATTRACTIONS
- Celebrating 100 Years 4-H in Maine!
- The Blue Hill Fair “Fair Idol Contest”
- “Great Maine Lumberjack Show”- Lumberjack Demonstrations Friday – Monday Noon, 2PM, 4PM
- Disc-Connected K9′s and Hot Dog Pig Racing Daily
- Child Identification Program Saturday 10AM-4PM Sunday 12 Noon-4PM (Adjacent to Main Ticket Gate) Free to the public
- “Just Paul: Comedy, Magic & Juggling”
- “Wilbur’s” 5K Road Race – Saturday
- The Intercontinental Championship Ladies Skillet Toss – Sunday
- 4-H Demonstrations Saturday & Sunday Various Topics
- “Maine Logging” Educational Display At the “Info” Booth near Livestock Area
- WRISTBAND SPECIAL!!! – 2:00 pm TO 9:00 pm MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 Ride Millions of Dollars worth of rides with the purchase of an $18.00 Wristband. (Mechanical Rides Only)
- Fair DatesAugust 29 – September 2, 2013
- Admission Thursday, August 29 THRIFTY THURSDAY! Adults $3.00
Friday, August 30 FIVE DOLLAR FRIDAY! General Admission $5.00 All Day
Friday, August 30 SENIOR CITIZENS DAY Seniors 62 and over $3.00
Saturday, Sunday, August 31, September 1 Adults $9.00
Monday, September 2 Adults $8.00
Children Under 12 are FREE on ALL Days
- FREE Parkingon the Fairgrounds
- All stage shows are Free with Admission
- Visitor Camping The Blue Hill Fair does not offer Public Overnight Camping.