How To Keep Your Stuff While On Vacation
The summer is peak time for burglaries. That’s probably because so many of us are heading out of town. Here are a few easy things you can do to protect your home when you leave it.
- Make it look like someone IS home, and make sure you don’t leave signs that you’re NOT home, like a yard full of newspapers, doorknobs with flyers, and an overflowing mailbox. Ask a neighbor to do a daily sweep.
- Try to leave a car parked in the driveway because nothing says, “I’m home” like a parked Camry, even if it belongs to a friend or neighbor.
- Tell all your trusted neighbors where and when you’re going, and give them a list of how to contact you.
- Put several lights on timers and leave a radio on.
- Use a good ole rubber doorjamb to keep doors from being opened.
- Don’t post to facebook that you are out of town.