Bangor Winterfest This Saturday Looks To Be A Great Time [SCHEDULE]
I have always said that part of loving winter in Maine is finding things to do both outside and inside topped with cooperative weather. This weekends Winterfest in Downtown Bangor seems to have hit the trifecta.
Plenty to do for everyone both young and old many free offering, some competing for prized and lots that involve something yummy. Also there will be several opportunities for just straight up entertainment.
The event begins in downtown Bangor at 9 AM on Saturday and runs through 5 PM. So what's your pleasure? Again, some of these require small fees but much of it is free. Let's breakdown the options.
Games and Contests:
- 12-3 Cornhole in West Market Square
- 9-5 Print Bangor -Coloring Contest- find coloring pages at:West Market Square Artisan Coffeehouse, The Charles Inn, Maine Discovery Museum and Paddy Murphy’s. Prize awarded!
- 2-3 Fork and Spoon-decorating lumberjack cookies
- S’mores courtesy of Specialty Sweets around the firepits from 4:15-4:45
- 9-10 Coffee tasting and Waffles at The Charles Inn and West Market Sq. Artisan Coffeehouse
- 10-5 Rebecca’s-Stonewall products tasting
- 11-4 Paddy Murphy’s-maple sugar snow
- 12:30-2- Juggler Zach Fields in West Market Square
- 2-2:45 & 4:14 - 4:45 Hula Hoop Artist Logan Huston in West Market Square
- 9-5 Snow sculptures in West Market Square
- Henna tattoos tarot card readings, massages and foot soaks at The Charles Inn.
- 9-10 Epic Sport-free snow shoe demonstration at Norumbega Park
- 10-3 Sacred Core Spa-free chair massage and tarot card readings Room 402 at The Charles Inn
- 10-5 Epic Sports-free photos with Babe and Paul Bunyan photorama
And that is just the beginning. There are many businesses offering special discounts and sales. For the full details click here or you can pick up a schedule at downtown participating retailers