Snow Covered Dryer Vents Can Be Deadly
Bangor Fire Department officials remind us to grab the shovel and clear any snow away from dryer vents.
Recently the BDN posted:
“The blocked vent caused high readings of CO in the house,” the Bangor Fire Department tweeted about the call.
Fire officials also recommend that homeowners install a carbon monoxide detector, in addition to their smoke detectors for safety.
The Bangor Fire department is also asking that residents take the time to clear snow away from hydrants near their home.