A fire at Econo-Storage on Union Street in Bangor damaged several rented units.

Crews were called to the facility at 1286 Union Street at around 5:30 Tuesday night. Heavy smoke could be seen above the facility and Union Street was shut down in both directions for several hours while firefighters worked to extinguish the blaze. Fire Chief Tom Higgins told WABI-TV the fire was in one of the center buildings, making it more challenging to access. Plus, the buildings and unit doors are all metal, which also made this a difficult fire to extinguish.

Mutual aid was called in from several communities, including Brewer, Glenburn, and Hermon. There were no reports of injuries in this fire.

The State Fire Marshal's Office will now work to find out how the fire started.