Ellsworth City Council Calls Emergency Meeting For Thursday Night
During a teleconference meeting, the City council members will look at numerous items on the agenda, all extremely important things concerning the spread of COVID-19.
Items include limiting whom can stay in a hotel or motel within City limits, non-resident visitors to the City, the temporary suspension of the Pay As You Throw waste program, waiving the interest on unpaid taxes, water and sewer outstanding bills, among other things.
Public comments can be sent to Chair Dale Hamilton at email@example.com through the duration of the meeting.
Here is the full agenda for tomorrow night's emergency meeting. Stay safe, everyone.
1. Call to Order.
2. Roll Call of members present.
3. Council Order #040000, possible action on adoption of an Emergency Ordinance limiting hotel, motel and short term rentals to those deemed essential workers, General Assistance clients, and those taking care of family members.
4. Council Order #040001, possible action on adopting Resolution of the Ellsworth City Council Regarding Non-Resident Visitors During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak to protect public health and safety.
5. Council Order #040002, Request to suspend the Pay as You Throw solid waste program through April 30, 2020.
6. Council Order #040003, Request to waive interest on any unpaid taxes, water, and sewer through April 30, 2020.
7. Council Order #040004, Request to have the City continue to absorb all credit card fees associated with electronic payments until April 30, 2020.
8. Council Order #040005, Request to waive foreclosure on unpaid sewer liens expiring on April 16, 2020.