When You Need To Talk Turkey On Thanksgiving
I have known about this for year and have even used it one or twice myself when facing the bird. That is the Butterball hot line with questions about what to do next, especially when after you've already done something stupid...like not thaw out the bird in time.
However it doesn't stop there at there webpage if you'd like to get ahead of the curve they cover everything from thawing, brine, roasting, stuffing, injecting, even choosing the right bird plus coupons and a whole lot more.
And if you are a least minute kind of person just dial 1-800-BUTERBALL
- Nov. 2 – Nov. 20: 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. EST (Weekdays)
- Nov. 21 – Nov. 22: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m. EST (Weekend prior to Thanksgiving)
- Nov. 23 – Nov. 24: 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. EST (Mon. & Tues. before Thanksgiving)
- Nov. 25: 8 a.m. – 11 p.m. EST (Wed. before Thanksgiving)
- Nov. 26: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. EST (Thanksgiving Day)
And may the force be with you. Also, don't worry about having a dumb question the average number of years these turkey professional have been fielding call is 16 meaning most certainly they have hear them all. Thanksgiving day alone they will get as many as 10,000 calls, so what's one more.
Still not sure? Here are just some of the more interesting questions they have answered over the years:
- So I’m looking at a turkey from 1969 sitting here in my father’s freezer… any tips on the best way to cook a 30-year-old bird?
- How do I roast my turkey so it gets golden brown tan lines — in the shape of a turkey bikini?
- How do you carve a turkey when all of its bones have been broken?
- I carved my turkey with a chainsaw… is the chain grease going to adversely affect my turkey?
- Why does my turkey have no breast meat?
- It’s my first Thanksgiving and I have a tiny apartment-sized oven… how much will my turkey expand when cooking?
- How do I get my turkey to stop sudsing? Is a soapy turkey recoverable?