2019 Entrance Fee-Free Days For America’s National Parks
If you're either too cheap or can't afford to buy an weekly or annual pass to any of the 115 National Parks, then these days are for you!
The National Park Service will waive entry fees for five days during 2019:
- Monday, January 21 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Saturday, April 20 – First Day of National Park Week/National Junior Ranger Day
- Sunday, August 25 – National Park Service Anniversary
- Saturday, September 28 – National Public Lands Day
- Monday, November 11 – Veterans Day
Remember, you can buy an "almost half-price" annual pass to our very own Acadia National Park during the month of December at various locations, including at the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce building, at the corner of Cottage and Main Streets. The annual Park Pass normally sells for $55, but during the month of December get it for $28!
Also at the Southwest Harbor/Tremont Chamber of Commerce, the Schoodic Institute at Acadia National Park, and the town offices of Mount Desert, Tremont, Gouldsboro, and Winter Harbor.
Your $28 will benefit the National Park Service and the Island Explorer Bus Service! Of course, these make great Christmas presents!