Bar Harbor Rte. 3 Work Plan For This Week
The Maine Department of Transportation and the contractors that are working on the almost two-year project are finishing things up. Yes, the end is in sight.
Here's what they'll be working on for the remainder of the week.
- Placing loam from the Bluffs to Highbrook Road South
- Placing ADA detectable from Duck Brook to Highbrook Road North
- Preparing for paving the roadway at various locations along the project
- Paving surface from Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance
- Landscaping from College of the Atlantic to Eagle Lake Road
Remember that the one-way detour that utilizes the Acadia National Park Loop Road is still in effect until further notice. Please obey the speed limit and be on the look-out for hikers, bikers and wildlife.
The project is due for completion next month.