Grab Your Eye Patch, Lubec and Eastport Pirate Festivals Start The Battle This Weekend
The invasion begins in Lubec on Saturday at 9AM as the two pirate camps undertake an epic battle in the Lubec Invasion. This weekend looks to be great fun for motorcycle enthusiasts to take part in the battle in Lubec. After you've partied all weekend in Lubec the festivities continue in Eastport all week long with the biggest doings in Eastport running Friday Sept 6th through Sunday September 8th. Both are family friendly events it boast lots of kids events. But that is just the tip of the mast, those who stroll the by way of Eastport will find live music, bed races, a thieves market (craft show), Pirates Ball, crate races, reenactments and of course plenty of food. Arrrrgh!
You also have the option to get duded up in your pirate best as may do who attend the Eastport Pirate Festival so grab that eye patch and show 'em what you've got. Plus like any good pirate party you can expect cannon fire and a bit of mayhem. To see all the days events click here.
Some of samplings include:
- Muster for Pirate Parade
- Eastport Windjammers
- St Andrews Pipe and Drum Band Performance
- Pirate Pushcart Race w/CASH Prizes
- Fight a Pirate/ Walk the Plank and other kids games
- Fireworks The One Man Band
- Street Dance
- Whirlpool, Sunset & Fireworks Cruise on the Pier Pressure 45’ Lobster
- Fireworks Display at the Fish Pier
- “Tricks of the Trade” - How to be a Pirate
- Pirate “Steak & Eggs” Breakfast w/Mimosa
- Treasure Hunt with the pirates