Homeless Man Rescued From Burning Building in Bangor
Bangor firefighters rescued a homeless man from a burning, condemned building on Wednesday.
Firefighters responded to a report of smoke from the Essex Street home just after 5:00 Wednesday afternoon. The large white house is condemned and has one of Bangor's 'Red X' signs that lets emergency responders know the building isn't safe to enter.
Officials told WABI-TV that crews went into the building since there wasn't a lot of smoke, but proceeded with caution. They found a homeless man inside who was having trouble breathing. It's believed that he had lit several fires inside the building to get warm.
The man was taken to St.Joseph's hospital for treatment. There's no word on whether any charges will be filed.