Lets Clean-Up Maine During The Landowner Appreciation Day Event This Sunday
Strap on the gloves and boots this Sunday, and let's give Mother Nature a helping hand here in the Pine Tree State! Let's show landowners how much that we appreciate them letting others use their land for hunting, snowmobiling and other recreational activities!
The Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife & the Maine Forest Service will be hosting the yearly statewide clean-up event this Sunday, September 10th. This event will be the day when you can show the private landowners of Maine, just how much you really appreciate them!
The two departments are depending on you to volunteer. You pick the area that you'd like to clean, gathering debris and trash. They'll have sites that they could assign to you or your group as well.
There's also prizes to be won this year, including a $1000 Kittery Trading Post gift card! All loads of trash will be measured by pick-up truck load, at one of the designated drop off spots, by the Maine Warden Service or Maine Forest Service personnel.
Your club or organization can still enter the event by calling 287-5240 speak with Virginia Vincent, or e-mail her at Virginia.Vincent@maine.gov.
They are looking for the following info:
- Club /organization name, (amount in group that will be participating)
- Area of the state where you will be willing to help
- Contact person & phone number, e-mail address
- Clean up sites that you will be working on (towns, locations, landowners….)
- Maine Warden Service and Maine Forest Service staff will have some sites available as well (via e-mail)
More information will be provided for clubs and organizations that register for this Sunday's event!