Road Trip Worthy – Camp Sunshine Pumpkin Festival Freeport
How does thousands of lit up jack-o-lanterns and a boatload of festival activities sound to you? If it sounds like a good time then pack the family into the car and head for Freeport for the Camp Sunshine Pumpkin Festival.
Camp Sunshine on Sebago Lake offers retreats combining respite, recreation and support, while enabling hope and promoting joy, for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families through the various stages of a child’s illness at no charge.
The Camp Sunshine Pumpkin Festival is a fundraiser event for the held a L.L. Bean in Freeport. High school students from all over volunteer to carve pumpkins for this event. Folks attending and from away can sponsor a pumpkin in celebration or memory of a loved one for just 10 bucks. All proceed from this event benefit Camp Sunshine.
There is also a full day of fun things to do and live music. Here is the schedule:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19, 2019
- 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM Pumpkin Playland: Children’s Games
- 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM Pumpkin Carving Open to the Public
- 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM Cauldron Café: Tasty Treats
- 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM Boo-tique: Buy your Festival Gear
- 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM Mad Science of Maine
- 3:30 PM Costume Parade with Miss Maine
- 5:00 PM Lighting of All Pumpkins
- 8:00 PM Festival Concludes
Here is a little more about the festival from last year.