Bar Harbor Rte. 3 Work Plan Week Ending 6/8/19
We're getting real close!
The Maine Department of Transportation and the contractors that are working on the almost two-year Bar Harbor Route 3 reconstruction project are finishing things up. The project is due to be completed this month.
Here is what they're working on this wee:
- Placing ADA detectables from Highbrook Road to Eagle Lake Road
- Paving sidewalks and drives from Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance
- Paving surface from Pirates Cove to Crooked Road and from the Acadia National Park entrance to West Street
- Landscaping from College of the Atlantic to Eagle Lake Road
- Painting roadway striping from Pirates Cove to the Acadia National Park entrance
Remember, the one-way Park Loop road within Acadia National Park is still in effect. Please obey the speed limit while keeping an eye out for hikers, bikers and wildlife!