Here’s What They’re Working On Within The MDI Route 3 Reconstruction Project
Yes the work continues, and will do so until the spring of 2019.
Work will stop for the long Memorial Day holiday weekend, at the end of the day this Thursday, May 24th. It will resume on Tuesday, the 29th.
Remember, when using the one-way detour utilizing the Park Loop Road, please drive slowly and keep an eye out for tourists, children, house pets and wildlife in general.
Here is what the contractors will be doing within the Bar Harbor Route 3 reconstruction project during the next couple of weeks. All work is dependent on weather conditions.
- Continuing paving from Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance
- Working on new drainage from Days Inn to College of the Atlantic
- Continuing work on a large pipe in the West Street / Eden Street Intersection
- Fine grading and paving driveways from Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance, and from West Street to Eagle Lake Road
- Begin paving on Eagle Lake Road
- Working on sidewalks from West Street to Eagle Lake Road
- Placing curbing from Crooked Road to the Acadia National Park entrance and on Eagle Lake Road
- Working on new waterline from West Street to Highbrook Road
- Working on sidewalks from Crooked Road to Acadia National Park entrance