I-95 Drive Home Mystery Artist [VIDEO]
Tonight’s mystery artist pulled a Tom Scholz and created his first album writing all the music and playing all the instruments and then hire a band once the album was done. Think you know who this a well rounded performer might be??
This story was profiled a copy of The Sun as it looked at the life and career of Dave Grohl of Nirvana and Foo Fighter fame. Some of the little known facts about Dave covered in the article:
- Dave hails from from Warren, Ohio.
- He dropped out of high school in order to pursue music full-time at the age of sixteen.
- Dave has become known as “the nicest man in rock music”
- Dave has been cited as one of the most influential rock musicians of all time.
- As a 21-year-old, Dave Grohl joined Nirvana
- Dave remained with the band until lead singer Kurt committed suicide in April 1994.
- After Kurt Cobain’s death, Dave created his own album, titled Foo Fighters.
And here was his Tom Scholz thinking , in the making of the first Foo Fighter’s album, Dave came up with all the songs, as well as recorded all the instruments himself for the record. Once it was complete, Dave recruited a band to perform and tour the music, which was also named Foo Fighters. The band have remained together ever since, and have released nine studio albums as well as toured the world in stadiums.
Here they are with tonight's featured song.