It’s Autumn Gold Weekend! [INFO]
OK. so here it is the first day of Autumn, what better day to kick off Autumn Gold in Ellsworth this year.
Now to be totally fair they did have a few events last night but to day things really get rolling. Now my favorite part is definitely the chowder competition and the Union River boat rides. But you should peruse the list so you don't miss out on your favorite.
- Go for the Gold: Chamber Retail businesses will have Go for the Gold Bags at their locations to enter to win fantastic prizes! $300 of fuel oil provided by Dead River, $200 auto detailing by Stanley Subaru, $100 dining gift cards provided by Riverside, Primavera, Governors, and China Hill.
- Autumn Gold Beer and Wine Tasting: Ellsworth Waterfront Park – (age 21 and over) 4 pm – 7 pm –Buy your tickets early for $20 per person, $30 at the door. Pre-buy your tickets at the Ellsworth Chamber office at 163 High Street. Sponsored by Franklin Savings Bank
- Friends in Action Senior Day: Stop in and check out the resources for our senior citizens at the Moore Community Center from 9am-2pm
- RE/MAX Balloon Rides – 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Waterfront Park. Weather and wind permitting
- Jazz In Silents – Silent Film: Nosferatu, A symphony of Horror 7:30 pm at The Grand $15 Adults, $10 Youth under 12 – General Admission
- Autumn Gold Special from Marden's in Ellsworth – offering a daily drawing of $100 gift cards during Autumn Gold. This goes on all three days!
- Crack a Geode! – Stop by the Rock & Art Shop on Main Street in Ellsworth on Friday, September 22 from 4 – 7 p.m. For $15 choose and help crack into your very own Geode to see what’s inside. Lots of fun for the whole family!
- Firehouse Breakfast: 6am-10am Trenton Volunteer Fire Dept. $8./$3.
Rotary Pancake Breakfast: 7am-10am Ellsworth Middle School $7./$3
- Autumn Gold Golf Tournament: Lucerne Golf Course 9am contact Lucerne Golf Course at 843-6282 Registration starts at 8am
- Roger Willey Road Race: 5K and 10K 7am registration 8am start $20
- 34th Annual Car Show: 8am registration Home Depot parking lot – Shriners NASCAR unit, The Elks Club and the Ellsworth Moose lodge food trucks. Admission is free
- Autumn Gold Open House – Rush Hour Gaming – Virtual Reality Arcade – Live Escape Rooms – Indoor Golf Simulator Competitions! Call 664-7555 to reserve a space from 10 am to 8 pm
- Autumn Gold Train Ride – Downeast Scenic Railroad – 10:30 – 1:30 p.m. Kids ride FREE with paying adult. (1-2 kids maximum)
- Mill Mall Family Day: Family games, crafters, food vendors, and more 9-3pm
- Hancock County SPCA 9th Annual Pet Fair & Family Fun Day! Pet friendly fun with crafters, live music, and food for all. Come meet some of the pets looking for a forever home from the SPCA at Woodlawn Museum 1 – 4 pm
- Evergreen Home & Hearth – Pellet Grill SALE and Demonstration. FREE Samples of BBQ foods for guests. 12 – 2 pm
- Maine Coast Mall: Craft Fair 9-3; Children’s Activities, Bounce House
- Union River Boat Rides: Waterfront. 11 am – 2:30 pm Donations accepted
- Chowder Fest: Harbor Park under the tent! 11:30 -1:00 Admission is $5 Come taste and judge local chefs as they compete for the Best Chowders!
- Rubber Ducky Race: Waterfront at 2pm sponsored by Ellsworth Noontime Rotary Club. Tickets available at the waterfront.
- Andy Gross- Comedian/Magician/Ventriloquist – Live on The Stanley Subaru Stage – 7:30 pm – $20 Reserved Seating
See the complete list here.